One of the things that we will often think of when our mind drifts back to when our child was just a baby is the blankets that she had. Often, she will choose her favorite and that will become a part of her that way her favorite stuffed animal does or her favorite TV show does. Customized baby items, like blankets with baby’s name on them, will end up becoming cherished memories. With dozens of style and patterns, these are distinctive gifts for mom and dad (and baby).
But customized blankets are just the start.
Of course, the same blanket pattern can be had in a hat. Keeping baby’s head warm is a great thing and often help him to sleep more soundly. For those of us who are older, we can remember people covering a baby’s head to keep him from getting sick. Science says that that’s not necessary, but it doesn’t matter; it’s cute and little bald heads need a bit of coverage.
Phone and tablet covers that have baby’s picture can give you something to talk about everywhere you go. Every time you pull out your phone, everyone will see how cute your baby (or grandbaby) is and it will give you lots to talk about.
Every baby needs a big, soft towel for after bath time. Many baby towels are thin and cold. A big, absorbent towel is a great gift because it will be able to be used as baby gets older and start to bathe on her own. Giving her a towel with her name on it can make her feel like a Princess.
Several children in the home
In a house with three or more children, it can be tough for the kids to feel special. Even in a house with just three kids, the middle child often feels forgotten. The little one is cute and helpless. The older one is large and in charge. Giving a middle child his own blanket, towel, area rug or bedding can make him feel less like he has been forgotten.
Choosing the right items
There are lots of customizable items to choose from. As we mentioned in an earlier blog, it really is the thought that counts, except with children.
Eventually, all kids learn to smile at the hideous sweaters and underwear that they get from grandma, but when they’re younger, it can be a lot harder.
Babies, of course, are easy.
For older children, there are lots of things that you can get for their rooms that can make it their own space.
- Customized baby blanket – Made from soft fleece, baby can sleep on a cloud with their name all over it.
- Customized baby caps – Keeping baby’s head warm in winter is important. A soft cap with the child’s name on it is a great way to do that.
- Crib sheets – Crib sheets with baby’s name on them is a perfect finish to a lovely nursery.
- Customized bed sheets – Even for a teenager, sheets with their name on them can be a call addition.
- Area rug – Imagine an area rug with your child’s or grandchild’s name on it. Nothing is more distinctive or personal than that.
- Beach towels – Giving a teenage girl a towel might seem lame, but if your teenager loves to swim or sunbathe, a towel is a perfect gift. Buy her a towel with her name on it.
- Mousepad- If you have a boy who does a lot of internet surfing, a personalized mouse pad is perfect for him.
- Mobile phone case – Every teen has a mobile phone. Getting them a personalized phone case is a great way to let them know that you love them and that you are thinking about them as individuals.
When each child has their own space and their own items, it can make it easier for them to feel like they have a space that they control.
Giving customized gifts to children and teens is a great way to show them that they are individual. As kids are growing up, they start to learn to differentiate between themselves and their parents and siblings. Often, as parents, we struggle to let that happen. We want them to stay the precious, helpless little kid that we met the day they were born.
Giving a child a gift that can only be for them is a way of quietly saying, “You’re you and I love you for it!”